Sunday, December 11, 2011

True goodbyes are the ones never said or explained.


       It's a Sunday night and it's a strange feeling. I have a few butterflies in my stomach. No, not because i am nervous, and not because i am leaving... But because others are. Everywhere i see, there are bags being wheeled away... A few Hugs and kisses here, and a few more there... n tears everywhere... Everyday is a new Goodbye, with no guarantees of another Hello..! It's like Joey (from FRIENDS) says to Chandler - "It's like the end of an Era!" How i wish my friends moved just 'across' too! But life's no show cast on the TV, where everything turns out great. Reality kills when it dawns on me that this MIGHT be it...! I hate Goodbyes...

     
       True goodbyes are the ones never said or explained...? I think it's true... A silent smile is the best goodbye. The silence says it all. Outta this chaos, i observed one thing, inspite of feeling so shitty, i am not crying. Tears and me have a very strong bond... OH so very strong if you have to ask... We've got an awesome history together. But since my 'I wanna be strong' motto has taken over my life, my tears seem to have taken a backseat. Am i becoming less emotional? I dont think so. I still FEEL very deeply in every situation. But i guess having emotions doesn't make you weak, Tears do!
  

  

"Why can't we get all the people together in the world that we really like and then just stay together? I guess that wouldn't work. Someone would leave. Someone always leaves. Then we would have to say good-bye. I hate good-byes. I know what I need. I need more hellos!"

6 comments:

  1. absolutely wonderful!!

    indeed, true goodbyes are spoken in silence... :-\
    And you so right about the emotions and tears..!! :)
    an expressionless face doesn't mean that the eyes,lips,cheeks know no emotion..
    yes yes, to not let tears out is not lacking emotion..:)
    you are a keen observer and an enthusiastic learner of life..

    and as always, well written!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks jayanth... i'm glad u appreciate my observation! ;)
      Cheers!

      Delete
  2. forgot to mention!:D

    and true goodbyes, the ones that are spoken in silence that is, have two extremes.
    either they become the breaking point of a relationship permanently
    or they become the breaking point temporarily, accepted from both ends (unspoken)but latter only reverts back and strengthens the actual bond,permanently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes... true! Like i said in one of my Haiku... two sides to everything! ;)

      Delete